Monday, March 28, 2016

Individual scalloped potatoes

I was experimenting today and first I tried a smaller version for 2sp but it really wouldn't satisfy me for dinner so eventually I figured this size would do just that!

Individual scalloped potatoes a single serving

  • They worked out to be 2sp or sf with fat free cheese  

1. 2.5 oz raw potato sliced on the thinnest blade of my mandolin I leave the skin on.
   The thinner the slice the quicker they cook.
2. very thinly sliced onion
3. 1  Tbsp fat free cream
4. salt and pepper to taste
5. few shakes of granulated garlic, parsley if you want to use
6. 1/2 oz light cheese shredded
7. non stick butter flavor spray or 1/2 tsp olive oil

I used 1/2c ramekin dishes.

Mix the cream, salt and pepper and garlic.
Spray the ramekin dish with non stick spray.
Place 1/2 of the potato slices in the dish, then the onion.
Drizzle half of the cream mix over the potato and onion.
Top that with the rest of the potatoes.
Drizzle the rest of the cream mixture.
A quick spritz of butter flavored spray.
Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until tender. I used my toaster oven but you could put them in the oven with other things.
Remove the foil and add the rest of the cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Cheesy, garlic yummy potato!

You could add ham etc as well. 
Even make it with sweet potato



No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...