Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Eggs Benedict Simply filling or 5sp or 5pp

I wanted to come up with a recipe that a little fancy. Good to make on the weekend when you have the time make it. Or Valentines day <3 If I had any baby spinach in the house I might have sauteed it and put it between the ham and the egg.

I cooked the sauce while I was cooking the potato.

I made a large slice of potato.
Spray a pan with butter spray then cooked the potato until soft. Turn over so both sides are browned.
This is the base instead of bread. You could also just use a slice of leftover sweet potato and just brown it.

When the sauce is nearly done I added one slice of free from black forest ham in the same pan as the potato to warm it up.

Take the sauce off of the pan and set aside. If it's too thick I added just a tsp or so of warm water to thin.

Add a little vinegar to the simmering water and slowly add a raw egg and cooked until desired hard/softness.

To assemble put the potato slice on a plate, ham and then egg. Spoon half the recipe for the Hollandaise sauce on top. I just put freshly ground pepper on top but you could do dill or parsley.



I didn't want a lot of sauce so I came up with this recipe which I'd use for two eggs.

Hollandaise sauce 2 servings sf, 2sp or 2pp Original recipe from food.com 
1 egg yolk
1/3c plain yogurt
3/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
optional fresh dill or parsley

Beat the lemon juice, yogurt and egg well. No lumps.
Heat very slowly over hot water while stirring. I put a metal strainer over a pot of simmering water and put a metal bowl in it as I don't have a double boiler.

It does take a while to thicken but low and slow is the way to go.
Take off the heat and stir the mustard, salt and pepper.

Serve over ham and poached egg

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...