Sunday, March 29, 2015

Meatball spinach tortellini soup

I saw a recipe on skinnytaste.com which I tweaked.

I cheated and bought the lean Italian meatballs from president's choice blue menu which really made this an easy and quick put together soup.

Meatball spinach tortellini soup 6 servings of 1 1/2c and each has 4 meatballs 7pp per serving
For Simply Filling the only ingredients I would count would be the tortellini and parmesan cheese if you choose put it on. Points depend on which tortellini you buy.

president's choice blue menu lean Italian meatballs 24 or 4 per serving
2 tsp olive oil
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 large carrot peeled and I used my julienne peeler to shred it
2x 900 ml or 30oz boxes of lower sodium chicken broth
100g olivieri tortellini three cheese
3 cups of baby spinach torn

Melt butter then saute celery, onion, carrot and garlic until veggies are beginning to soften.
Add broth and increase temperature until boiling.
Reduce heat and add the meatballs and the tortellini.
Simmer for 7-8 minutes or according to directions on your tortellini.
Add the baby spinach and simmer for a minute or two.

You may like to add parmesan cheese on top once it's in the bowls that would be an extra 1pp

Makes 6 x 1.5c servings
7pp per serving without the parmesan cheese

This was so good the hubs had 2 servings :)







No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...