Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Roasted butternut squash with pecans and blue cheese

This is amazing if you like blue cheese :) I will be making this again
Original recipe is here but I tweaked it quite a bit.

Roasted butternut squash with pecans and blue cheese Simply Filling +3pp
I buy the already peeled and cut squash so I used 1/2 of the packet
1 tsp of olive oil
3/4 tsp of honey
sea salt and pepper
7g pecan bits 1pp
22g blue cheese crumbled 2pp

Put the squash in a ziplock and drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Close bag and toss. This is the secret to making a tsp of oil go a long way :)

I like to use the non stick foil. So I just put the cubes of squash on there. Or a non stick pan/ or pan sprayed with non stick or a bit of olive oil.

I cooked in my toaster oven for 20 minutes then turned them over and cooked for another 15 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle the pecans and drizzle the honey over everything. Pop back in the oven for 5 minutes.

Take out of the oven and put into a bowl. Let sit a few minutes to cool down a little then sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on. Toss all together and enjoy :)

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...