Saturday, October 18, 2014

Slow cooker black bean soup simply filling


Thanks Ida for passing along this Weight Watcher recipe! The only change I made was that I threw it all in my slow cooker :) Items in the red were add in's that I added but weren't in the original recipe

Black bean soup

  • 1 med onion, chopped
  • 29 oz chicken or vegetable broth (reduced sodium)
  • 15.5 oz black beans, drained and rinsed next time I'd add 2 cans of black beans
  • 11 oz corn
  • 15.5 oz tomatoes with green chilies 
  • ½ c uncooked brown rice I just used leftover cooked brown rice that I added just a bit before I served it
  • garlic I added 3 cloves chopped
  • cilantro to taste which I added
Red pepper flakes (Optional)
Sauté onion in broth. Add all ingredients. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes until rice cooks. I just threw everything in the slow cooker
6 servings. 3 pts each.  If you are counting points


No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...