Sunday, October 19, 2014

Polenta hash browns Simply Filling


This is what the polenta I used looks like but there are many brands which would work

Polenta hashbrowns

Polenta sliced into thick 1/2" slices then cut into hash brown sized chunks.
I had some peppers cut up in the fridge so I chopped a few
chopped onion
olive oil I used 2 tsp for my daily healthy oils
sea salt, garlic powder and whatever other seasoning you like I used this

It's important that you start with a hot skillet.
Heat your oil until hot but not smoking :)
Add the polenta cubes and let sizzle for a few minutes before tossing them over to coat the other sides with a bit of oil.
Sprinkle seasonings over it.
Cook till it's starting to brown a bit.
Add the peppers and onions.
Continue to cook until polenta is starting to get crispy and peppers and onions are cooked.
Enjoy

1 comment:

Shannon Tatlock said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this, as my husband LOVES hashbrowns, but we all know they're not that good for us.

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...