Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chocolate banana baked oatmeal

One of my favorite breakfasts!

Chocolate banana baked oatmeal 100% simplyfilling or 5pp for the basic ingredients plus the unsweetened cocoa powder and the banana

1/3c uncooked oatmeal
1/4c egg substitute or 1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/4c skim milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
sweetener to taste

Today I added 1 small banana chopped (kept a couple of slices to put on top) and 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix all together and put in a medium sized sprayed with non-stick ramekin dish.

I baked it in my toaster oven on 350 for 25 minutes or until puffed up and firm to the touch. You can also bake it in the oven when you're cooking something else and warm it up in the microwave.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Do you use either regular oatmeal or steel cut oatmeal or both or whatever you have and does it matter in your recipes. I read the steel cut is a bit more health and nuttier. Just curious Suzi.
Blessings!!

WWSuzi said...

You should try this recipe with bulgur, old fashioned oats and barley :) http://suzanneskitchensimplyfilling.blogspot.ca/2014/10/multigrain-peaches-and-cream-hot-cereal.html

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...